- 1 Top 3 Bitcoin VPNs in [year] and how to pay anonymously?
- 1.1 Which VPN providers accept Bitcoin?
- 1.2 How can I purchase a VPN anonymously with Bitcoin?
- 1.3 More information about the VPN providers
- 1.4 What is a Bitcoin VPN?
- 1.5 Frequently asked questions Bitcoin VPN
Top 3 Bitcoin VPNs in [year] and how to pay anonymously?
Are you very fond of your privacy and would you like to pay for a VPN with Bitcoin in [years]? Then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will not only discuss the best VPN providers that accept Bitcoin as payment, but we will also show you how to buy Bitcoin anonymously.
Which VPN providers accept Bitcoin?
Below we have selected three VPN providers that accept Bitcoin.
- ExpressVPN: from € 6.67 per month
- NordVPN: from € 3.10 per month
- CyberGhost VPN: from € 2.45 per month
All selected VPNs have a strict no-logging policy. This means that they do not log any information about you and the websites you visit. In addition, all VPNs make it possible to watch Netflix from other countries and are easy to install on your computer, laptop, telephone and even router.
How can I purchase a VPN anonymously with Bitcoin?
You should keep in mind that Bitcoin is not necessarily anonymous. All transactions are visible on the blockchain. When you buy Bitcoin from a broker and pay with iDEAL, this transaction is linked to you by the payment. With our step-by-step plan, the chance that the transaction will be linked to you is very small.
- Determine from which VPN provider you want to purchase a service (ExpressVPN, NordVPN or CyberGhost)
- Take into account extra fees, so add at least 15% to the total amount (this is an exaggerated amount)
- Register an anonymous email address at eg Hushmail
- Select which package you want to purchase from the VPN provider and indicate that you want to pay with Bitcoin
- Read this tutorial first to buy Bitcoin anonymously (make sure you buy 15% more Monero than the total amount)
- If you have chosen NordVPN, you can pay directly with Monero and you can directly process your transaction via CoinPayments without converting it to Bitcoin
- If you’ve chosen ExpressVPN or CyberGhost, follow the steps below
- Indicate to BitPay that you want to continue as a guest
- Create a wallet at Blockchain.com and send your Bitcoin to the wallet address via the anonymous tutorial. This takes about 30 minutes
- Select Bitcoin at BitPay and send the Bitcoin to the BitPay from your Blockchain.com wallet
The wallet at Blockchain.com is in between, because it takes too long for XMR.to to complete the transaction. You only have 15 minutes.
After successful payment you will receive the login details by e-mail and you can immediately use the VPN software.
This tutorial is only to ensure your privacy. Doing business that is prohibited by law is prohibited. All VPN providers have included this in the terms and conditions.
More information about the VPN providers
We have deliberately selected these three VPN providers, because they have built up a good reputation. Besides the fact that they don’t log anything, the installation is very user-friendly. Read some of the benefits of the providers below.
ExpressVPN offers more than 3,000 different servers in 160 locations in 94 countries. So a lot of choice. They use the latest techniques, such as OpenVPN and IKEv2. The servers are unlimited, so that means you can achieve full speed when downloading or streaming.
The software is easy to install on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. In addition, special browser plugins are also available for well-known browsers. With the VPN you can watch Netflix, iPlayer, Amazon Prime and Hulu everywhere.
The helpdesk is available 24/7 for your questions and you can try the service for 30 days. If you are not satisfied, you will receive your money back.
NordVPN offers more than 5,400 servers in 58 countries, of which more than 200 are located in the Netherlands. With options such as Onion Over VPN and Double VPN, they offer extra security when browsing. The company is located in Panama, where the rules are different than in the Netherlands. Earlier Deribit moved to Panama because of the lenient rules.
The software is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android and browsers. With 1 account you can use the service on six devices at the same time. You can also try out the service for NordVPN for 30 days.
CyberGhost VPN is based in Romania and offers more than 6,200 servers in 89 countries. You can see the full list on the website. In the Netherlands they manage more than 200 servers. They say they offer the fastest VPN and deliver limitless servers.
The software is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, routers and browsers. CyberGhost can be used simultaneously with one account on seven devices. They offer a 45 day money back guarantee.
What is a Bitcoin VPN?
A VPN ensures that your real IP address is not exposed to the websites you visit or your internet provider. The website you visit or your internet provider only sees the IP address of the VPN server. This is not only to guarantee your privacy, but also ensures higher security. For example, if you are connected to a public WiFi network, unauthorized persons can watch you. A VPN makes this impossible.
Furthermore, most VPNs make it possible to use streaming services when this is blocked. For example, you cannot watch Videoland abroad, but with a VPN you can pretend you are in the Netherlands and you just have access.
A Bitcoin VPN provider has the difference with a normal VPN provider that they accept Bitcoin as a means of payment. People who care about their privacy prefer to pay with Bitcoin.
It is of course not mandatory to pay for your VPN with Bitcoin. Most providers also accept iDEAL, Paypal, credit card and other payment methods.
Frequently asked questions Bitcoin VPN
Is a payment with Bitcoin anonymous?
No, Bitcoin is not necessarily anonymous. Certainly not if you pay with iDEAL. Use our step-by-step plan to make a Bitcoin payment anonymously.
What devices does a VPN work on?
The providers we recommend have very user-friendly software. The software is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, browsers (Chrome / Firefox) and routers.
Using a VPN is illegal?
No, anyone can use a VPN. However, you are not allowed to do illegal things with a VPN. This includes carrying out cybercrime. Each provider has stated in the general terms and conditions that this is not allowed. You may also not share your account.
Can I also pay with other cryptos?
Yes, but this depends on the provider. Some providers accept more coins than just Bitcoin.